Are the photos on your phone backed up?! They need to be!
In the video above, we show you how to:
- Make sure our memories are backed up and safe by using Dropbox
- Use a special feature of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to be able to organise all those photos without having to do extra work
For anyone who doesn’t know about Lightroom, it’s a program that will change your life. It’s a specific version of Photoshop that will allow you to easily sort through your photos, pick the best ones, and do any adjustments you need. In our opinion, it’s a program that pretty much every family should have!
Here are the steps I outline in the video:
- Install Dropbox on your computer and pay for the $99/year plan. Trust me, so worth it to know all your photos are backed up and always accessible.
- Install Dropbox on your phone and sign in
- Turn on Camera Uploads in the Dropbox app on your phone. This will create a “Camera Uploads” folder in your Dropbox
- Put you phone in airplane mode so it doesn’t upload photos just yet
- On your computer, open Lightroom and choose File -> Auto Import -> Auto Import Settings
- Choose the Watch folder to be the Camera Uploads folder in your dropbox
- Chose the destination folder to be another folder in your Dropbox (just create one and name it something that makes sense to you)
- Tick off the Enable Auto Import checkbox at the top of the window and then hit ok.
- You might get a message saying that the Watch folder needs to be empty. If you do get that message, go to that folder, move the files to a temp folder, and then hit ok in the Auto Import Settings box in Lightroom
- Then turn off Airplane mode on your phone and make sure you are connected to WiFi
- Your pictures will upload to Dropbox and as long as you have Lightroom open on your computer, you’ll start to see the images showing up in the Dropbox > [your new folder from step 7] > Auto Import Folder
Now you can go through the photos, rate, keyword, do retouching, etc.
If you found this helpful, join our Facebook Group for more!
Join our Facebook Group!
We're building a photography for moms community on facebook where we share how-to's and life hacks for moms that want to capture the amazing moments in your families life without having to pay for a professional photographer. Come join us!Join the FB Group